Marketing: how information is communal on the internet has radically changed, and the rapid evolution of new skills has transformed the way of doing business in the digital market.
Online marketing needs now more than ever to adapt to new tools to keep pace with recent trends.
About of the digital marketing trends that are here to stay are:
Mobile phones are changing users’ purchasing habits, making us “possible customers”.
Internet consumption done by mobile devices is at the forefront of connection. Hence the essential for rapid adaptation to avoid damage to competitiveness in the markets.
The trend is most noticeable on social networks, such as Facebook, where three-quarters of online ad revenue is generated from mobile content.
Therefore, it is not surprising that websites as glowing as advertising campaigns would focus their labours on portable stages.
The consumption of online audiovisual gratified is experiencing significant growth because users are increasingly receptive to this type of multimedia content on demand.
The improvements of these technologies, such as high-definition videos, connection speed and the immediacy of viewing what you want and when you want, make this category the preferred one by many brands to invest in this type of ad.
All these thanks to the explosion of video consumption through mobile platforms and the proliferation of devices connected to cyberspace, such as Smart TVs and video game consoles.
Advertising platforms like Facebook and Bing already offer advertisers video choices, and Google has opted for TrueView video campaigns after the AdWords podium.
We are in the era of clothing technology (Wearable in English), whose gadgets or plans introduce us to the computer-generated and real-world, giving us several possibilities to access information in a ‘hands-free’ style.
Advertising and marketing companies are perusal ways to get messages to people through this technology, even though it has not yet become widespread.
One of the best-known plans, the Apple Watch, landed on the market last year and has already been the forerunner of many of these changes: content must be reinvented and adapted to the characteristics of the smartwatch.
It is a complete revolution in the contents, in the way of presenting them and ultimately in the advertising strategy associated with them.
digital voice assistants
The primary function of voice assistants in smartphones is to improve and complement the user experience and customers’ productivity.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and PPC (Pay Per Click) are two overall strategies to get your website thousands of visits. Still, the increase in voice searches will give rise to a new type of optimization.
How can it influence us? for example, you should ensure your Facebook content is on Facebook M (your virtual assistant integrated with Facebook Messenger). This is the platform that drives the intelligent assistant.
This could also include the content of your SEO campaigns being updated on Google Now with suggestions like ‘Popular in your area’.
Brands will need to expand their activity to capture this voice search traffic through conversational type searches like ‘Where can I…? Which one is the greatest …? How to buy …?’.
The key to optimizing the new format is making sure your business information is easily accessible to these attendees.
Big data offers an infrastructure supported by technology so that companies can store, process and analyze large volumes of data.
B data allows the collection of information to analyze it using different platforms and thus prepare reports and projections that help define strategies to be followed by certain companies.
Learning to decipher this information, manage it and direct it provides the company with very favourable results:
- Promoting new products or services and improving their quality.
- Improving the competitive position.
- Making sales campaigns more effective.
Creative and interactive emails
Some brands have experimented with new email design methods, such as creating carousel-like elements, dropdown menus, and other interactive features.
Expert designers are trying to incorporate the utilities of HTML5 into these types of formats. Resulting in the experience of a pseudo-website in an email.
Still, this approach casts certain doubts:
- Some clever layouts make content more difficult to access by requiring additional clicks. While a simple linear format displays all content.
- Also, not all email clients support HTML5 technology.
- What is unquestionable is that Email Marketing, understood as the “set of techniques to reach a target audience using email as a means”. Has become the most efficient channel of communication and generation of results in the digital world.
- As I mentioned in the post, Email marketing as a customer loyalty strategy. One of the most valuable and exciting tools for this purpose is MailRelay
- The dissolution of the Safe Harbour. Which directly affects email marketing in the processing of personal data. Places the American company MailChimp in an unfair situation. At the end of January 2016, the deadline for companies to migrate to a provider with their servers in the European Union is over.
All the information in Safe Harbor and Mailchimp: avoid legal problems by migrating to Mailrelay
Mailrelay has its servers in Europe. So your list of subscribers does not leave the European Union. Thus complying with the data protection laws established in Europe.
- One of the main problems in software migrations is the economic cost. However the platform offers six months free when moving from Mailchimp to Mailrelay
- More information in Email Marketing Manuals